Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

The Skidmore Story: Let's Build Something Together!

Greeting and salutations, followers! It's been a while, again (I think I need to come up with a regular posting schedule), but I have a few things I would like to say anyway (surprise, surprise).

Thing One!: I would just like to throw another pitch for Minecraft. I know I have talked about it a few time before, but I figured that I would throw at least one more shot into the dark. If you don't know what Minecraft is, head to the linky and check it out! It's a great game, and well worth your time. If any of you readers decide to buy it, let me know! I would love to build some stuff with you on a server that I play on! I know, I know, it's summer and most of you will probably be outside, enjoying this awesome heat (haha, good one Taylor), but it's a good thing to pass some time by during a storm or something. It's only about $20, and I highly recommend it.

Thing Two!: I just got back from the National Young Leaders Conference, and WOW, was that quite an experience.
Just look at all the fun we're having! Actually, we weren't having fun that day at all! It was 90 degrees and we were all in professional attire, which I can assure you, was by far the worst part. Even though there were 280 of us, we were broken into smaller "groups," but throughout the week, those 24 people essentially become your family and closest friends, and in my case, my worst enemy (there was a kid whom I bickered with all week, but in all reality, we became really close friends, we just happened to disagree on a "few" topics). Throughout the nine-day excursion, we got to see the national fireworks show, visit the NRA headquarters (you get to choose the lobby you go to, in all actuality), perform simulations (fancy role-plays) of all three branches of the government, eat food, meet people, visit the Smithsonian Museums, meet one-on-one with your representative (in my case it happened to be the Honorable Stutzman), sit in the House of Representatives, see most of the memorials in D.C., go on a dinner-cruise thingy, and even watch a Nationals game! All in all, it was well worth the money, and I would highly recommend it to any of you, should you get the opportunity. While it advertises itself to be an educational opportunity, don't necessarily beat your head into that mindset. I learned a lot, but not in the manner that I was honestly expecting. If you have any questions about the program, please, please, contact me, and I will be more than happy to answer any questions!

Well, that's all I really have for this lovely summer evening. Sorry this was a bad post, I didn't like my original draft, so I completely started over, but felt obligated to publish it tonight, at midnight. If you have any suggestions, comments, concerns, or questions, please contact me in any manner, or drop a comment below. This is Taylor Skidmore, signing off.

P.S. I liked that I left you guys with a song last time, so here's another:

No comments:

Post a Comment